PASSENGER RIGHTS LEGISLATION
The coming into force of the Consumer Protection Regulations is to enlighten airline passengers on the Regulation the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) promulgated for the protection of the rights of air travelers. The rights are drawn from Part 19 of “Nig. CARs 2012, Vol. II.”
All airlines, foreign and domestic, are subject to the provisions of the Regulations which prescribes minimum rights and duties of passengers and the obligations of airlines.
The Regulation shall apply on the occurrence of any of the following:
- No-show and Overbooking of flights
- Denied boarding against the will of a passenger (Involuntary)
- Delayed scheduled flights
- Cancelled scheduled flights
- Claims relating to delayed, damaged and lost baggage could be enforced under the provisions of the Montreal Convention 1999 which has been domesticated in the Civil Aviation Act 2006.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION REGULATIONS