DIRECTORATE OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION (DHR&A)
- PERSONNEL UNIT
- Recruitment &Selection of Staff.
- Staff Movement and Transfer.
- Annual Performance Management (Appraisals) and Staff Audit.
- Staff Promotions, Upgrading and Conversion.
- Transfer of service and condition of service.
- Administration of Central Registry and Record Management.
- Appointments and Confirmation of all forms of Appointment).
- Retirement Administration.
- INDUSTRIAL RELATION AND WELFARE UNIT
- Pension Matters.
- Staff discipline & medicals.
- Staff Loans, Salary Advance and letter of introduction to Banks for personal Loans.
- Processing of Allowances to Management for Approval.
- Processing of Bereavement/Burial Assistance to bereaved officers/families.
- Preparation of all categories of staff Annual bulk basic allowances for Management approval.
- Coordinating the Authority’s social Activities.
- Labour relations with various Industry Unions/Associations.
(i) Manpower Development and Training (MPD&T) Unit
- Assist Management in the formulation /interpretation of training policies, standards and procedures of the Authority.
- Monitor and implement training needs to ensure compliance with career progression and Inspectors Training System (ITS).
- Develop training modules/ programmes and training records and reports or other requirements for the Authority.
- Liaising with training agencies and related private and public sector bodies on training matters.
- Compilation, planning and execution of training, workshop and seminar proposals in line with budgetary allocations and advise Management on cost saving measures.
- Evaluate general training and Manpower development programmes to provide for management policy decisions.
- CORPORATE AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
(i) Corporate Planning Unit
- Collection of data for monthly reports.
- Action Plan monitoring and evaluation.
- Liaising with National Planning Commission and Federal Ministry of Aviation on planning matters.
- Liaising with relevant outside agencies and bodies on budget matters.
- Liaise with other Directorates for their input periodic activities report.
- Monitoring of projects and plans in accordance with the pre-determined goals and plans and objectives.
- Setting targets and measuring performance for each Directorate/ Department.
- Measuring performance to ascertain conformity with plan programmes.
- Suggesting corrective actions to management on project and plan programme deviations.
- Preparation of reports: monthly, quarterly, End of year etc.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring of budget implementation.
- Performance appraisals; quarterly, half yearly and yearly.
- Coordination of the activities of Budget committee.
- Monitoring of efficiency targets for each Directorate/Department and the Authority as a whole for optimum performance.
(ii) Organization and Methods Unit
- Act as databank for the Authority.
- Collection and processing of statistics relating to areas of the industry, which the Authority has jurisdiction over.
- Liaise with other research and statistics bodies within and outside the industry.
- Routine collection and processing of statistics on the internal operations of the Authority
- Conceiving adequate plans towards effective management of Pension Scheme.
- Investment promotions
- INTERNAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
(i) Security Unit
- Protection of NCAA asset and property against theft, burglary, wilful or malicious damage and destruction.
- Protection of the lives of the employees against harm and kidnap.
- Prevention of acts of sabotage, Subversion or espionage to vital information, materials, documents or plans and blueprints belonging to the organisation
- Enforcement to Rules and Regulations pertaining to safety and Security of lives and property of the organisation.
- Promotion of order, discipline, goodwill and respect to Management and Constituted Authority.
- Liaison with Law enforcement agencies and supervision of all Contracted Security Agencies.
(ii) Transport Unit
- Custodian of all NCAA vehicles.
- Handling and rotational use of all pool vehicles.
- Procurement and distribution of petroleum products.
- Ensure timely maintenance/service and repairs of our vehicles.
- Liaising with the account department for the insurance of all vehicles.
(iii) Protocol Unit
- Reservation and issuance of tickets for staff scheduled for official trips such as Trainings, Conferences, bilateral meetings and Aircraft inspections.
- The booking of hotel accommodations for official guests of the Authority and also receives and check-in guests at appropriate hotels.
- Processing of visa for staff scheduled for official trips Trainings, Conferences, workshop, BASA meetings, inspections, e.t.c.
- Participation actively in organizing international conferences and seminars hosted by the Authority.
(iv) Estate Unit
- Responsible for the facilitation of the provisions, recording and maintenance of the Authority’s major physical assets ( building, generators, photocopiers, power sub-station, water plant, furniture and equipment), supervisions of projects, preparation of bill of quantities, interim certificates and final account.