NCAA RETAINS US FAA IASA CATEGORY 1 CERTIFICATION
Nigerian attain US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) CAT 1 in 2010.
She scaled through another reassessment in 2014.
Nigeria again went through recertification in November 2017 and came out successful.
Following benefits of CATEGORY 1 to Nigeria:
- Direct flight with Nigerian registered aircraft and crew in and out of Continental United States
- Lower insurance premium
- Passengers’ confidence boosted resulting to increase in passengers and aircraft movement, and return on investment
- An indication that Nigerian is compliant to International Safety Standards
- Favorable lending/ leasing terms
- Enhance inflow of foreign direct investment and infrastructural development
- Re-positioning of Nigeria as West Africa Hub
- Local airlines has the opportunity to core share with establish world class airlines