DIRECTORATE OF LICENSING (DOL)
The Directorate of Licensing is responsible for Licensing of all aviation personnel in line with Nig-CARS with ICAO annex 1 and SARPs.
The directorate is an integral part of the Flight Standard Group which includes the following directorates:
• Directorate of Airworthiness Standards (DAWS).
• Directorate of Operations and Training (DOT).
These three directorates interface; to attain organization’s oversight duties and responsibilities in accordance with FAA requirements which enabled us to obtain and maintain the Category 1 status. These functions are:
- The assessment and approvals of Applications for Licences and Ratings.
- Issue of Licences and Ratings. Validation/Conversion of Foreign Licences.
- Conducting and marking of written examinations. Promulgation of examination schedules, dates, time and centre.
- Drafting and amendments of rules relating to the training and licensing of aviation personnel.
- Approval of organizations and persons for specific tasks related to training and testing.
- Assessment of the qualifications of the military trained personnel in order to determine examination and flight test.
- Enforcement of licensing laws and regulations in line with Nig-CARS and in compliance with ICAO related annexes.
- Certifications and Approvals of Training Organizations.
- Aero-medical Oversight. The promulgation of a scale of fees for written examinations, flight tests or practical tests and the issue of Licences and ratings.
- The production and availability of licensing regulations, explanatory pamphlets and information circulars detailing requirements for the issue of a Licences, syllabi and recommended study material.
- Collaborate with other Directorates in areas of overlapping functions on regulatory oversight for certification and issuance of Licences.