NOTIFICATION OF THE GLOBAL REPORTING FORMAT (GRF) IMPLEMENTATION
Following the adoption of the global reporting format for assessing and reporting runaway surface conditions by the ICAO Council at its 207th session in 2016 to assure a smooth implementation and thereby ensure transparency and global standardization. States were urged to take appropriate action in ensuring that Aviation industry is prepared for the implementation of the new methodology billed to come into effect from 4th November,2021.
The benefits of this new methodology of assessing runaway surface conditions cannot be overemphasized in that it brings about better traffic management, reduced runway excursions as well as improved safety and efficiency of flight operations.
The responsibilities of GRF concerned stakeholders in the implementation of this new ICAO requirement include but not limited to the following:
- Making the necessary changes to the organizational policies and operating procedures in coordination with all the GRF concerned stakeholders;
- Identifying and making aware all the applicable personnel on this new format.
- Encouraging the establishing of a local GRF implementation team to ensure timely implementation by coordination and collaboration with the existing Runway Safety Teams (RSTs) at all Aerodromes;
- Ensuring all identified personnel for the GRF implementation at each aerodrome are appropriately trained and;
- Making available all the required equipment and tools.
Consequently ,the Authority wishes to state categorically that senior management support is key in the facilitation of effective GRF implementation and urges you to rise up to this responsibility by ensuring compliance with the new ICAO requirement come November 4,2021 the applicability data as required.
Please, ensure strict compliance to the directive.
Captain Musa S. Nuhu