NOTICE TO ALL NIGERIAN AOC HOLDERS, ALLIED AVIATION SERVICE PROVIDER, PASSENGERS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DANGEROUS GOODS INCIDENT AND ACCIDENT REPORTING POSTER
Nig.CARs 22.214.171.124 DANGEROUS GOODS INCIDENT AND ACCIDENT REPORTS
- All incidents and accidents which occur within Nigeria and involve the transportation of dangerous goods originating in or destined for another State shall be reported to the Authority within seventy-two (72) hours of its occurrence.
- Each report made shall be followed by an occurrence report form in a way and manner acceptable to the Authority.
- A suspected violation of the requirements in respect of undeclared or misdeclared dangerous goods in cargo, shall be reported to the Authority using the recommended form for reporting. The reporter shall ensure that all details and relevant information are supplied and made available. There shall be evidence of non-compliance with the Technical Instructions such that there was a potentially unsafe situation or not serious (eg. Misunderstanding of the requirements but not resulting in a potentially unsafe situation).
Dangerous goods accident. An occurrence associated with and related to the transport of dangerous goods by air that results in fatal or serious injury to a person or major property or environmental damage.
Dangerous goods incident. An occurrence, other than a dangerous goods accident, associated with and related to the transport of dangerous goods by air, not necessarily occurring on board an aircraft, that results in injury to a person, property or environmental damage, fire, breakage, spillage, leakage of fluid or radiation or other evidence that
the integrity of the packaging has not been maintained. Any occurrence relating to the transport of dangerous goods which seriously jeopardises an aircraft or its occupants is deemed to constitute a dangerous goods incident.
1. All Dangerous Goods Accidents and incidents must be reported within 72 hours so that an investigation by NCAA can establish the cause and take action to prevent a reoccurrence wherever possible.
2. Completion of FORM O-OPS 007B Dangerous Goods Occurrence Report
3. Submission to firstname.lastname@example.org