DATE: 9th July 2023
TO: All Aviation Stakeholder and the General Public
FROM: Director General of Civil Aviation
REF: NCAA /RC/011/2023
SUBJECT: PUBLICATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF Nig.CARs 2023 – FOURTH AMENDMENT TO NIGERIA CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS
I have the honour to inform all aviation stakeholders and the general public that the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has concluded the rule -making process on the fourth amendment to the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations which supersedes Nig.CARs 2015. The amended regulations to be cited as Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations 2023 (Nig.CARs 2023) is hereby published.
The Nig.CARs 2023 (both in web–based and PDF versions) is available on the NCAA website www.ncaa.gov.ng The Authority will advise at a later date , where and when the gazetted hard copies will be available for purchase.
The NCAA has made a determination that the effective date of the Nig.CARs 2023 is 10th July,2023. All aviation stakeholders will be required to comply as follows:
- All renewals for current licence /certificate holders will be required to comply with the provisions of these regulations from the effective date stated above. All certificates, licenses ,permits, authourisations issued under Nig.CARs 2015 will remain valid until renewed at expiration in accordance with the provisions of Nig.CARs2023.
- All current licence/certificate holders who have submitted applications for variation and renewal of their licences/certificates before the effective date stated are required to comply except as provided by the Nig.CARs 2023.
- All current licence/certificate holders who have submitted applications for variation and renewal of their licences/certificates before the effective date stated above and are still on the document evaluation phase of the licensing/certification process will be required to comply with the provisions of these new regulations.
- All applicants for initial issue of licence/certificates that are still in document evaluation phase of their licensing/certification process as at the effective date stated above will be required to comply with the provisions of these regulations.
- Send a confirmation by email to email@example.com that you have been able to access the Nig.CARs 2023 published on the NCAA website provided above no later than 30th July 2023.
The NCAA will carry out a sensitization programme for the Nig.CARs 2023 at a later date to be advised . Furthermore, be informed that the Comment Respond Document (CRD) for the Nig.CARs 2023 will also be available on the official website.
For further clarification kindly reach out to
please accept the assurances of my highest regards.
Captain Musa Nuhu
Director General of Civil Aviation
Click below to download: