OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR - GENERAL
ALL OPERATORS LETTER (DG 009/20)
Ref: NCAA /DG/AIR/11/16/112
Date: 3rd April, 2020
To: ALL NIGERIAN OPERATORS AND FOREIGN OPERATORS FLYING INTO NIGERIA
FROM : NIGERIAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
ATT: ACCOUNTABLE MANAGER/ COUNTRY MANAGER
SUBJECT: UPDATE ON CLARIFICATION ON FLIGHT RESTRICTION INTO NIGERIAN DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC - Flight Crew Rest Protocols
Further to our earlier letter on restriction of international flights into Nigeria we wish to inform you that the following crew rest protocols have been developed to accommodate crew operating evacuation flights of more than 6 hours:
- All application for evacuation flights shall made to through appropriate embassies
- All embassies shall undertake to provide transportation of flight crew to and from airports. In addition, shall provide controlled sleeping arrangements for the rest period, which shall be in compliance with NCDC guidance.
- All operators must provide prior notification to Port Health of flight crew arrivals and departure/ repatriation to ensure screening at Point of Entry.
- Port Health will be responsible for screening at POE while NCDC is responsible for screening and monitoring during this period of rest if necessary.
- The above protocols must be strictly and diligently respected.
Please be guided accordingly.
Captain Musa S. Nuhu